QPR stands for Question, Persuade, and Refer. QPR Gatekeeper Training provides instruction on these three simple steps that anyone can learn to help save a life from suicide. The goal of QPR Gatekeeper Training is to reduce suicidal behaviors and save lives by providing innovative, practical, and proven suicide prevention training. The signs of crisis are all around us. QPR Gatekeeper Training reinforces that quality education empowers all people, regardless of their background, to make a positive difference in the life of someone they know.
After completion of QPR Training, participants will gain the following knowledge:
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide.
- The common causes of suicidal behavior.
- The warning signs of suicide.
- How to Question, Persuade, and Refer someone who may be suicidal.
- How to get help for someone in crisis.
QPR Gatekeeper Training meets the requirements for listing in the National Registry of Evidence-based Practices and Policies (NREPP), which is required training for educators and health and social service professionals in many states.