Q.P.R. stands for Question, Persuade, and Refer – the three simple steps that anyone can learn to help save a life from suicide. The Q.P.R. mission is to reduce suicidal behaviors and save lives by providing innovative, practical, and proven suicide prevention training. The signs of crisis are all around us. Q.P.R. Training reinforces that quality education empowers all people, regardless of their background, to make a positive difference in the life of someone they know.
After completion of Q.P.R. Training, participants will gain the following knowledge:
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to Question, Persuade, and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for someone in crisis
Q.P.R. meets the requirements for listing in the National Registry of Evidence-based Practices and Policies (NREPP) and has been approved by the Best Practices National Registry, Section III: Adherence to Standards, which is required training by many states.