Q.P.R. Suicide Prevention Training
Q.P.R. stands for Question, Persuade, and Refer — the 3 simple steps anyone can learn to help save a life from suicide.
Q.P.R. is sometimes referred to as CPR for a Mental Health Crisis.
Just as people trained in CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver help save thousands of lives each year, people trained in Q.P.R. learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade, and refer someone to help. Each year thousands of Americans, like you, are saying “Yes” to saving the life of a friend, colleague, sibling, or neighbor.
After participating in a Q.P.R. Training participants will gain the following knowledge:
- how to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- the common causes of suicidal behavior
- the warning signs of suicide
- how to Question, Persuade, and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- how to get help for someone in crisis
Q.P.R. meets the requirements for listing in the National Registry of Evidence-based Practices and Policies (NREPP).