If you need immediate help, call 911
If you or someone you know is in crisis or is feeling suicidal, National Suicide Prevention Hotline 800-273-TALK (8255). Trained counselors are available 24 hours a day to speak with and provide support.
Crisis Text Line: Text “Start” to 741-741. Free, 24/7 confidential support provided by trained volunteers.
- 2-1-1 SEPA Online
- 2ndFloor.org Youth Helpline
- The Anxiety & Agoraphobia Treatment Center
- Beck Institute for Cognitive Therapy Training
- Bucks County Mental Health Services
- Caron Pennsylvania
- Center For Psychological Services
- Chester County Health Department
- Child Guidance Resource Centers
- CONTACT Helpline
- Council for Relationships
- Delaware County Crisis Connections Team
- Frederick Pratt, LPC, NCC
- Life Counseling Services
- Magellan Health Services – Montgomery County
- Main Line Counseling and Wellness
- Mental Health Association of PA Family & Youth Services Page
- Montgomery County Emergency Services, Inc.
- New Leaf Club
- Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual Disability Services
- Springfield Psychological Associates
- Sustained Recovery, LLC.
- Treatment 4 Addiction
- Riverside Emergency Services
- South Shore Mental Health 800.528.4890
- Samaritan Hope Greater Boston Hotline: 877.870.4673 Calls and texts answered 24/7
- Multi-Service Eating Disorders Association (MEDA) 866.343.MEDA(6332)
- McLean Hospital 888.333.0338 McLean Hospital provides clinical programs supporting children, families and individuals facing mental health issues. Inpatient and outpatient services as well as support groups are offered at different locations throughout the Massachusetts.
- The Social Work Therapy Referral Service 617.720.2828 Assistance in finding free, confidential referrals to Licensed Independent Clinical Social Workers in your area.
- Families for Depression Awareness 781.890.0220 Provides supports for families and individuals affected by depression and bipolar disorder.
- INTERFACE Referral Service 888.244.6843 ext 1411 INTERFACE provides referrals to mental health providers and information about local services. Available Monday – Friday 9-5. Please note: This line is specific to Westwood, MA residents and town employees but others should check with their town halls to see if they have this service as well.
- NAMI MASS 800.370.9085 State resource for individuals and families facing the challenges of mental illness.
- Wayside Youth and Family Support Services 508.879.9700 Provides a wide variety of mental health counseling and family support services to children, young adults and families.
- Westwood Youth and Family Services 781.320.1006 Provides professional short term counseling for children and families as well as information on state and local services.
- 2nd Floor Youth Hotline 888.222.2228 A confidential and anonymous helpline for New Jersey’s youth and young adults.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) raises awareness, funds scientific research and provides resources and aid to those affected by suicide.
- Door of Hope 4 Teens 914.393.1904 803.570.2061 Text or Call Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday 8:30pm – 10:30pm EST. Helps teens and young adults overcome the struggle of self harm (cutting) and depression.
- Kids Guide New Jersey’s guide for kids, teens, and families.
- Mental Health Association in New Jersey 973.571.4100 Community education, community support, employment & workplace development, and NJ Disaster Response Crisis Counselor certification.
- NAMI New Jersey 732.940.0991 Education and advocacy for individuals and families in New Jersey affected by mental illness.
- New Jersey Youth Suicide Prevention State Plan 2015
- New Jersey Adult Suicide Prevention Plan 2014-2017
- Suicide.org New Jersey Hotlines Phone numbers and contact information by county and major cities.
- State of NJ Parent Link The early childhood, parenting, and professional resource center.
- Cameron K. Gallagher Foundation 804.528.5000 Provides free mental health programs for teens, peer support curriculum in local schools, and nationwide 5k races that raise awareness for teenage depression and anxiety
Children’s Mental Health Resource Center 804.447.2124 A one-stop place to learn about children’s mental health and connect to services.
NAMI Virginia (National Alliance on Mental Illness) 888.486.8264 Education and advocacy for individuals and families in Virginia affected by mental illness.
Government and National Organizations:
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Association of Suicidology
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychological Association
- Center for Disease Control: Suicide
- Center for Disease Control: Youth Risk Behavioral Surveillance System
- Mental Health America
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- National Council for Suicide Prevention
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- National Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens
- National Strategy for Suicide Prevention (PDF)
- Resource Center to Promote Acceptance
- Samaritans USA
- Stop Bullying
- Strength of Us
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- Teen Line CALL 310.855.4673 TEXT TEEN to 839863 Provides personal teen-to-teen education and support before problems become a crisis, using a national hotline, current technologies, and community outreach.
- The Balanced Mind Foundation
- The Jed Foundation
- Bring Change 2 Mind
- Feeling Blue Suicide Prevention Council
- Half of Us
- Let’s Erase the Stigma (LETS) Educational Foundation
- Minds on the Edge
- Open Minds Open Doors
- Reach Out
- SAFE Alternatives (Self Abuse Finally Ends)
- Sources of Strength
- Teen Central
- The Advocacy Alliance
- The Jason Foundation
- To Write Love On Her Arms
- Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention Program